Erasure Club-The Erasure Italian Forum

Interviste e curiosità, Mr. Clarke sui media

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 22/9/2009, 18:15

The Only PSB Fan In The Village

Group:
Amministratore

In una recente intervista al Miami Herald che aveva come fulcro il tour dei DM, Andy Fletcher ha risposto ad alcune domande sul passato della band con Vince e il suo rapporto personale con l'ex membro del gruppo.
L'intervista completa è disponibile qui, ma i passi che più ci interessano sono i seguenti:
Q: What do you think of Vince Clarke's work with Yaz (Yazoo in the UK) and Erasure?
A: Well, obviously I'm a massive fan. I think Vince is one of the best songwriters Britain has produced in the last 30 years. It's an honor to have him as a friend and an honor to have been in a band with him. It was me and Vince who started [Depeche Mode]. Vince was the real driving force behind the band as well. He was so determined to be successful.

Q: Would it be fair to say that his departure helped Depeche Mode to evolve toward a darker sound?
A: Yeah, I think if Vince had stayed... with Erasure and Yazoo, it's all pretty much the same, isn't it, the pop music with Vince's stamp on it? Looking back, with Vince leaving, you're right. Yes, it did, because Martin [Gore] is a much different songwriter. So I was lucky to be in a group with two great songwriters.

Q: Are you still close with Vince?
A: We still count each other as friends. We don't come across each other very much. He lives in Maine now, believe it or not, in the real wild.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 9/1/2010, 10:58

Group:
Amministratore

Vince e Andy degli Hercules & Love Affair hanno realizzato una sorta di intervista doppia per il music magazine Clash.
L'intervista è un pò vecchiotta (risale alla release di In Your Room per la quale gli H&LA avevano realizzato un remix) ma è stata stata stranamente pubblicata online solo all'inizio del mese. Tuttavia resta ugualmente interessante.
E' possibile leggerla qui.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 20/3/2010, 09:52

Group:
Amministratore

Vince è apparso su l'edizione di questo mese di Maine Magazine.
L'articolo è consultabile qui e si occupa di vari argomenti: dall'incredibile raccolta di synth in possesso di Vince, al nuovo album degli Erasure e al suo stile di vita definito "rural".
Merita senz'altro una lettura. ;)

Web  Top
view post Posted on 17/10/2010, 20:29

Group:
Amministratore

Di seguito i link per un'interessante intervista in due parti a Vince che ripercorre in breve un pò tutta la sua storia. Leggendola scoprirete la band che lo ha spinto verso l'elettronica, scoprirete cosa c'è dietro i suoi bizzarri travestimenti sul palco e cosa pensa del pop del momento.
Potete trovare l'intervista: qui (parte 1) e qui (parte 2).

Web  Top
view post Posted on 11/8/2012, 20:22

Group:
Amministratore

Vince ha risposto a 5 domande poste dal sito Astronaut Pinguim.La più interessante riguarda un suo disco solista... buona lettura QUI.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/2/2013, 23:16

Group:
Amministratore

In una recente intervista, ripresa da un articolo su Factmag Vince ha parlato un pò del futuro degli Erasure:

CITAZIONE
The synth-pop vanguardist notched up a pair of fascinating releases in 2012. The SSSS disc, produced in collaboration with Depeche Mode’s Martin Gore as VCMG, saw Clarke dabbling in the sort of contemporary techno his classic 1980s work helped blaze a trail for. More recently, he put out a mammoth 8xCD collection of his chill-out/Ambient work with Heaven 17′s Martin Ware as The Clarke & Ware Experiment.

Speaking to The Quietus, Clarke revealed that he and co-conspirator Andy Bell are about to start work on a new Erasure LP. The record will be their fifteenth studio LP, and will follow 2011′s Frankmusik-produced Tomorrow’s World. According to Clarke, the band are also sitting on an album of classic Erasure material, re-recorded in an ambient style with a violin player, which will also arrive before too long.

Perhaps more intriguingly, Clarke also revealed that he’ll follow up SSSS with another “electronic dance record”. The album promises to be “an album where I collaborate with a few DJs and dance guys”. Clarke was cagey about who his future assistants might be, saying “I can’t say who they are yet as it’s still under negotiation”. He also suggested he’d happily resume the VCMG project at some point in the future, although ventured that Gore’s Depeche Mode commitments might stand in the way for the time being.

Quindi: presto al via i lavori sul nuovo album, un album di hit in versione ambient e un nuovo disco dance sulla scia di Ssss, niente male... :TFR004.gif:
L'intervista completa su The Quietus.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 1/5/2013, 12:33

Group:
Amministratore

Nuova intervista sul sito Side-Line, Vince ci parla del suo nuovo album solista, del lavoro sul disco natalizio degli Erasure e del nuovo CD di Alison Moyet.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 25/11/2015, 23:16

Group:
Amministratore

Di solito è Andy a finire sui giornali o sui siti web specializzati, ma ecco un'interessante intervista concessa da Vince all'Huffington Post.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 7/2/2016, 23:14

Group:
Amministratore

In un articolo comparso sul sito del Guardian, Vince ha compilato una selezione di brani che ascolta al momento... tutta gente a me ignota, tra elettronica, pop ed heavy metal synhth.

Web  Top
8 replies since 22/9/2009, 18:15   511 views